The North Carolina ABC Commission has for quite some time provided free Web hosting to ABC Boards across the state. As of July 31, 2018, however, the Commission has indicated it will no longer provide that service.
Ironically, the timing of this development happens to coincide with the recent launch of Lookout Publishing’s initiative to develop and host Web sites for North Carolina’s county and municipal ABC boards. Lookout Publishing was established in 2003 as the Web development and consulting arm of Carolina Data Systems, the state’s largest vendor of accounting, inventory control and point-of-sale systems to ABC boards.
Lookout Publishing brings deep experience in all-things-Internet to the task as it charts a marketing and technical strategy to add over 100 local ABC boards to its already significant portfolio of commercial and non-profit clients. We look forward to tapping into Carolina Data Systems’ three decades of accumulated knowledge about the ABC industry to offer custom Web development and hosting solutions to ABC boards.
Please review the following brief summary of our products and services. We welcome you contacting us by phone or by email for more information. Once you give us the green light, we can get your site and any related services up and running fast!
ABC Board Deluxe Website Package – $2,495
- Fully responsive website design (This means your website will look just as good on a mobile phone as it does on a desktop computer.)
- Custom layout and fonts
- Core site (up to 7 pages) PLUS highly customizable blog for news and announcements that can easily be updated by designated ABCBoard staff.
- Social Media Integration (if desired)
- One year of hosting
In addition, the Deluxe Website Package includes:
- Domain name registration (if needed)
- Six hours of technical support (to be used within a year from site launch)
- SEO Optimization – We’ll install and set up a plugin that will rate every page of your site to ensure that it’s optimized for search engines. This will help ensure that your site can be easily found by your customers.
- One year of managed hosting – This goes beyond basic hosting. We will ensure your site’s core framework and any plugins being used on the site are updated on a regular schedule — a necessity to keep site compliant and secure for your customers.)
Economy Website Package – $995
Based on input from our folks in the field, we decided to put together a special Economy Package that was designed with the smallest ABC Boards in mind, or any ABC Boards just looking for the most basic of basic sites.
Here’s what the Economy Package includes:
- Domain registration (if needed)
- 1 year of hosting
- Basic site (up to four pages – just enough for Home, About, Contact, and Location pages.)
- Blog feature for news and announcements that can easily be updated by designated ABC Board staff
- Social media integration (if needed)
- Two hours of technical support (to be used within a year from site launch). Keep in mind, with a smaller site, it’s less likely you’ll need technical assistance so it’s probable that two hours will be plenty for your Board’s needs.
A la carte options available for all packages*:
- Custom-branded Email Packages – We can set up email addresses with your ABC Board’s domain name and you’ll be able to access them right from your browser.
- Available Local Inventory Plugin – Hooks into database to allow customers to search available products in your local stores; updated daily (*This option is only available for Carolina Data Systems customers.)
- Available State Warehouse Inventory Plugin – Hooks into state warehouse database to show products available statewide.
- Additional Tech Support – Six hours of tech support are included, but we offer service packages that will provide you with more hours if you desire.